Montour County
Skip navigation links
About Us
On-Line Forms
Contact Us
Register and Recorder
Elections and Voter Registration
Change of Address Info
Skip navigation links
CommissionersExpand Commissioners
County Fee Schedules
County OfficesExpand County Offices
Open Records RequestsExpand Open Records Requests
Treasurer's Office
Montour County

Phone: 570-271-3016

Hours:   9:00 AM – 4:00 PM  
Monday through Friday


Agent for Department of Agriculture to issue dog licenses. 
All dogs three months or older living in the Commonwealth must be licensed in the county where they are normally kept.  Annual licenses run the calendar year expiring on December 31st for designated license year.

For annual dog license, apply at the County Treasurer’s Office, or send application and check or money order to County Treasurer 435 East Front Street  Danville, PA 17821.  When applying by mail, tag only will be returned in mail. (Attachments will not be sent through the mail.)  For lifetime license, apply directly to the County Treasurer’s Office. Rabies Vaccinations are required for all dogs (and house cats) over three months of age.  Vaccines must be administered or supervised by a licensed veterinarian.  (Licensed kennel owners certified by  Dept. of Agriculture may vaccinate animals they own.)

Additional information on dog law enforcement can be found at You can follow this link straight to the application.  Dog License Application 

Agent for Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission to issue fishing licenses, temporary boat registration and launch use permits. 
A person 16 years of age or older is required to have a license to fish in Pennsylvania.  While fishing, license must be signed in ink and must be displayed on an outer garment.  Anglers must be prepared to furnish positive proof of identification.  A trout stamp is also required to fish for trout or salmon.  Senior resident and lifetime licenses are available to those persons at anytime during the license year in which they will be 65 by the end of the license year.  Lifetime licenses are valid for the life of the applicant and, unless lost, do not need renewal each year.  The trout stamp is only valid for life if a lifetime license was purchased before May 2017.  Eligible active duty military personnel can legally fish without a license under the limited circumstances outlined in the law.  Additional information on fishing and boat registrations can be found at

Agent for Pennsylvania Game Commission to issue hunting licenses and assist with questions relating to hunting licenses and current hunting laws. 
All persons must possess a valid hunting or furtaker license legally issued to them to hunt or trap in PA.  A person becomes eligible to hunt or trap in Pennsylvania when they reach their 12th birthday.  They may purchase a regular junior license or the combination license, which includes archery, furtaker and muzzleloader.  A person must pass a safety course or have had a prior hunting license legally issued to them to purchase a license. A person becomes eligible to purchase a senior, senior lifetime or senior lifetime combination license anytime during the license year when they will reach age 65 by the end of the license year.  Lifetime licenses are issued by the Game Commission the first year.  All license holders need to have a new tag reissued each year.  Additional information on hunting and trapping can be found at

The Treasurer’s Office issues sportsman’s firearms permits for hunting and fishing.  The cost is $6.00 for five years.  In order to purchase a permit, you must appear in person at the Treasurer’s Office with proof of identity.  Driver’s licenses or state issued ID cards are accepted.  Personal protection permits to carry a concealed weapon are available through the Montour County Sheriff’s Office.

The Treasurer’s Office is the licensing authority for Small Games of Chance and Bingo Licenses within their county.  Licensing is limited to non-profit organizations for the promotion of charitable or civil purposes.  Additional information on small games of chance or bingo licenses can be found at